Born 1950, in Wallsend, in the North East of England, the youngest of 3 daughters. Showed a strong interest in art from a very early age and fought the education system, with the help of her parents, to enter Art College (now Newcastle University) at the age of 16, instead of 18, achieving a degree in interior design.
Emigrated to Perth, Western Australia in 1971, where Jenny had a very successful career, designing interiors for many well known business people,hotels and offices. In 1985, she gave it all up to purchase a craft centre in Balingup, in the South West of Western Australia, winning a small business award and finalist in 4 tourism awards. In 1998, after great changes in her personal life, Jenny, moved to Busselton and made the decision to work full time at her art.
Today, Jenny is a dedicated full time artist, working from her home studio in West Busselton. She has also created a viewing room for all her products which can be purchased direct from Jenny. She has become a highly acclaimed internationally artist. Her works span the globe, including USA, Canada, New Zealand, Hong Kong, Malaysia, Singapore, South Africa, Netherlands, Switzerland, Sweden, France, Belgium, Japan, Hungary, Germany, Scotland, Ireland, England, Wales and the latest being Namibia!!!
Jenny Taylor Designs is Jenny's business name. Jenny re-creates many of her original works into marketable and usable art forms. Her current range of products range includes Placemats, Coasters, Cards, Bookmarks, Stubby Holders, Tea Towels and Fridge Magnets and the ranges continue to grow. Jenny also hand paints glassware and scatter cushion covers. All of these items can be seen on Jenny's web site.
- Won first art award aged 4
- Winner Woman's Weekly Art Award aged 7
- Winner Brook Bond Travel Prize UK
- Winner National Safety Poster Prize UK
- Winner Nation Libraries Poster Prize
- First one person exhibition, Newcastle, UK aged 16
- Winner Donnybrook, WA Pastel Prize 1998
- Artworks selected for the South West Health Campus Bunbury 1998
- Illustrated her first children's book in 2012
- Finalist South West Small Business Awards (Retail Industry Category)2014
- Finalist 2016 S.W. Small Business Awards, Retail Industry
- Finalist 2016 S.W. Small Business Awards Retail
- Finalist 2016 S.W. Small Business Awards, Business Perosn of the Year
Major Art Exhibitions
- The Old Cheese Factory 1986, 1987, 1988 & 1994
- The Bay Gallery of Fine Arts, Perth 1989
- Gallery Two, Perth 1990, 1991
- Westmall Gallery, Perth 1990, 1991
- The Burswood Resort Hotel, Perth 1991, 1992, 1993, 1994 & 1996
- Rics Gallery, Perth 1994
- The Extravaganza Gallery, Albany 1995
- Garden City Perth 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999
- Abbey Beach Resort, Busselton 2002
- Abbey Beach Resort, Busselton 2009
- Hay Shed Hill Winery, Margaret River. 2011